This never happens, but I’m about to post twice in one day. I hate to do it. But not really, because, FUN.
I have been hanging out on Twitter tonight on the #PitchWars hashtag, because, well, I entered the contest and let’s face it, the mentors trash talking is super hilarious. I tried my hand at trash talking too…
Suddenly, the hashtag #PimpMyBio started popping up. Started by another potential mentee (@keeltyc), this is a chance for those of us who submitted to mentors to have our say in why we’re awesome enough to be mentored. Now, honestly, just entering Pitch Wars makes each one full of awesome, but it’s time to prove it.
So, here we go. I have no idea how many reasons I will give, and I also make no promises that they are all completely true, but here’s why a mentor should take a chance on me!
1) I have a love/hate relationship with edits. I would like to believe that my work is perfect, but I KNOW it’s not, and I WANT it to be, so I’m always eager for feedback and suggestions. I also remain true to my work and my vision, which keeps my voice from being lost in the feedback, which I think it important. Balance, people.
2) I am very quick to respond to emails, texts, tweets, etc, but not messenger pigeons. Birds freak me out. (Owl post is okay)
3) I love books! I mean, duh, everyone who writes loves books. But, I love books so much that this Christmas I have created a BOOKMAS TREE. There’s even a little reading girl as a tree topper! LOOK AT IT! IT’S GLORIOUS!
4) I love animals. So much that I want to kiss them all. Even the weird ones.
Okay. That was a little weird.
5) I’m a therapist. That means that if you have a problem, I’m here for you. Come, sit on my virtual couch, let’s talk things over.
Seriously, I’m freaking whimsical.
Hey, look, that was all mostly true! Go me. I think I’m growing. As a person, that is.
That was fun. PICK ME!
And check out Dannie Morin’s PitchWars Mentee Contender Bio Blog Hop to see the other contenders!